Sunday, August 18, 2013

Celebrating Elmo's Way

Well...we did it! We celebrated Charlie's bday and it was a huge success. I probably did go overboard just a bit, but really, who wouldn't when you look at this face all the time :)
At the zoo
 
So I thought I would share some of the stuff we did.
 
 
First was Pin the Nose on Elmo. This I did find on Pinterest...from Stell and Livi
 
And this is how mine turned out.


I used foam for all of the letters, background, and Elmo's face. It really wasn't too hard to create. I was able to find a printable template for Elmo's face online which I also used as my stencil for the t-shirt I made.
 
Charlie loved the game


ingnore the rusty shed :)

with Elmo's nose
 
I also found a cookie toss game from Smile Like you Mean it
 
And here's how mine turned out
 



 
Again, I made the letters out of the foam - I bought 5 pieces of foam and used them throughout for decorating...super inexpensive. I also bought tan felt and cut out circles. I stuffed them with rice and hot glued them together - I only made 3 cookies. Don't forget the chocolate chips made with black puff paint.
 
I then found a great idea for a guest book. This photo was found on Catch My Party. I was able to find a Sesame Street customizable book on Shutterfly. Everybody LOVED it! Here's how it looked displayed.
 


 
 
Here are the centerpieces and photo booth
There are foot steps leading up to the characters

 
 
Using the same technique to make the envelopes, I also made this banner. It turned out quite cute!
 
 
 
I was trying to find different ways to incorporate the Elmo/Sesame Street Theme. My suggestions would be to use what you have...if you have an Elmo toy, use it as part of the decorations! I also was able to make our food Elmo themed including:
 
Appetizers -
Gold Fish -  Elmo Loves His Goldfish
Spinach Dip - Oscar's Sloppy Spinach Dip
Taco Dip - Rosita's Raging Taco Dip
 
Main Course -
Chicken - Clucky Luciano's Chicken
Pasta - Mr. Noodle's Noodles
Beef Sandwhiches - Gladys' Beef Sandwhiches
Salad - Count's 5 Ingredient Salad
Fruit Salad - Zoe's Rainbow Fruit Salad
 
Dessert -
Cake - C is for Cake
Cookies - Cookie Monster's Cookies
Brownies - Abby Cadabby's Brownies
 



 
 
Thank you to all of our friends and family that were able to celebrate with us! He had such a great time!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment