Tuesday, July 30, 2013

It's a Sesame Street kind of Day

My little monkey is turning 2! I know...I can't believe it either. Our Carnival themed birthday from last year was a huge success so I needed to find a theme that was just as fun. Now, of course, I did ask my little man and even with his limited vocabulary, we were able to settle on Elmo!

I am so excited about the Elmo theme and there is so much on Pinterest to help me with this that I couldn't contain myself. So my next few posts will certainly be Elmo-rific.

So let's start with the invitations. Now normally, I would just use normal envelopes, maybe color coordinating, but look at these. How precious, right!elmo party - invitation envelope
You can buy these on Etsy from the Mom2Aiden store. I didn't know how much time I would have to get these ordered and delivered so I tried my hand at making them.

So first, I tried to find red envelopes and realized that wasn't as easy as I thought it would be (or inexpensive). So I found cheap white ones at Michaels...plus used my 40% off coupon (don't leave home without it). I also bought a pack of the primary color cardstock since I knew I was going to be using the paper for other projects.

So here's what you need for this project:
* Red Cardstock
* White envelopes
* White Cardstock
* Orange Cardstock
* Black Cardstock
* 2 circle punches (one bigger than the other)

So since I am using white envelopes, I still wanted to add red for Elmo's face. So I measured the envelope flap and cut it out with red cardstock.

 


I was using 5x7 envelopes and was able to get 4 of these shapes from 1 8x11 piece of paper.

Once I cut out enough of those, I moved on to making Elmo's eyes. For this, I was lucky enough to have a circle punch. I used a 1" circle punch for the white of the eyes and a 1/2" circle punch for the pupils.

 




Then based on the size of the eyes, I cut out an oval in orange paper. I didn't have a punch for that.

Now, glue them all together for this fun piece.


It really didn't take too much time and it was pretty inexpensive.

Then I was able to insert these cute invitations.






  I was able to create these and then printed them at Best Value Copy. If I haven't bragged about them before, then shame on me. These guys print super fast and super cheap. I would highly recommend using them if you need to print anything in color.

No comments:

Post a Comment