Sunday, August 31, 2014

He's Three - Spiderman Style

So my little baby is three. I probably shouldn't call him a baby anymore huh? Well we had a fantastic time at his party - with everything under the sun linked to superhero's or spiderman! He was so excited.

I started with the invitations. In the past, I have spent a little more money and have gotten them printed on nicer paper - Best Value Copy is my go-to for this! They are pretty affordable, fast and good quality. But I actually tried creating the file as a .jpg and printed them at Walgreens and they turned out just fine. I think it's a personal preference, but I am not sure who keeps the invites anyways anymore and so I went with a very cheap option.

Here's how they turned out. I printed them as 4x6 pictures. The thank-you cards are similar.
After the invites were sent out, I then did a little photo shoot. I know I enjoyed it more than my little buddy. I printed these pictures as engineer prints at Staples for $2 each. Awesome decorations.


Then all that was left was to get supplies which I found at the Dollar Store! I also looked at C's toys. He had plenty of superhero toys to use around as centerpieces too. I also asked guests to dress up - a lot of inexpensive superhero shirts are all over the place lately and a few people followed suit. 



Similarly to last year I wanted to make the food match the theme of the party. 

Here's what we had: 

Appetizers
Popcorn - POP!
Pizza Bread - Gwen Stacey's Pizza Bread
Taco Dip - Spidey Senses Taco Dip

Main Dish
Chicken - Aunt May's Chicken
Pasta - Uncle Ben's Pasta
Beef Sandwiches - Super HERO Sandwiches
Salad - Green Goblins' Greens

Desserts
Lemon Knot Cookies - Amazing Knot Cookies
Strawberries - Spidey Strawberries




I did a really basic Super Hero Training Camp too.

 
The events included:
* Hide Your Secret Identity (Photo booth with various masks)
* Jump over Hot Lava (red plastic tablecloth)
* Web the Bad Guys (silly string)




There are plenty more ideas on pinterest. 

I think overall, the b-day boy had a fantastic time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment