Thursday, October 4, 2012

My new Halloween Wreath


Halloween…I can’t believe it’s already October and that the leaves are changing. Halloween decorations are out and about. I am hoping to go to a pumpkin farm too.

Well my latest search on Pinterest has led to some fun Halloween wreaths. I love a good wreath but they can get sooo expensive if you were to buy them.

Here are a few that I found on Pinterest that I was fond of.
You can buy this one on Etsy 


Or this cute Chevron one that you can find at Tatertots & Jello

So that got me thinking that I could make my own. I love the idea of the first wreath and how “Classy” it looks.



 Here’s what I ended up with:


Guess how much it cost me? A whole $2. My accountant husband loves that for sure. Although, I am pretty sure he would rather that I not spend any money or time on stuff like this, but you can’t win ‘em all.

Anyways, here’s my little tutorial on how to make this gem

Materials:
·        Various Felt Colors – I bought 1 8x10 sheet in white, black, gray, orange, and marigold ($0.20 each)
·        Wreath – I found this one at the dollar store. Now I had to do a little digging to find one that wasn’t broken, but they sell these all over the place (more expensive). I think this is why people wrap theirs in yarn. There are all sorts of tips on Pinterest for getting the base for the wreath – take a look
·        Glue Gun
·        Glue Stick
·        Scissors
·        Ribbon (use whatever you have laying around)
·        Piece of Paper and Marker – enhancement


Directions
·        So the first thing that I needed to do was make the fun flowers. I found some great tutorials online.
These beauties are from Keeping LifeSimple.





I wanted a combination of the two…

The gray and orange ones were way easier to make but the other flowers make for a nice dimension. You can find more specific instructions for how to make the flowers on the blogs above.
Then I just glued them on the wreath

Once that piece was done, I wanted to add in something extra, so I simply wrote “Boo!” on a piece of paper and attached it to the wreath


Not too shabby for $2, huh. Once Halloween is over, I can switch out the “Boo!” for “Give Thanks” or something. Pinterest strikes again!


This project is also linked here...See Vanessa Craft is one of my favorites and she has some awesome crafts

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristin! I think your $2 was very well-spent! Such a sweet wreath! :)

    P/s: Glad you enjoyed my tutorial.:)

    ReplyDelete