Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Numero Dos

So I just stumbled upon my old blog - see I told you that I am an awful blogger. I completely forgot what I even titled the blog. So this is promising right? Well anyways, I am getting geared up for the baby shower on July 9th. With only 1 month to go, we still have a bit of work to do. Now, I realized that it is a bit taboo for the mother-to-be to interfere in the planning of the shower. However, grandma (my mom) is more of the financier versus a planner and asked me to contribute. So of course my brain and ideas went into high gear and we have been working for quite some time. The theme is "The Hungry Little Caterpillar" and all guests have been asked to bring in their favorite book for the baby's nursery vs. buying a card. I can't wait to see it all come together. Pictures are a must here.

Some of the things we are creating:
Door Prize Scratch Offs - Yes, you can make your own scratch-offs and it actually is pretty inexpensive if done right (The key is done right, remember to use the dish soap in the paint mixture) This idea is from ArtMind http://artmind-etcetera.blogspot.com/2009/05/how-to-make-scratch-off-lottery-tickets.html


Baby Game Program - I saw this "program" idea at a bridal shower and absolutely loved it. This tri-folded piece has all of the games that we can play during the shower. This gives the attendees the opportunity to complete the game at their convenience vs. telling them when it's time to complete a game. Just depending on the make-up of the group they may not all know each other and so it may be a great way to fill some of the time, especially with opening presents. Pictures to be posted soon.

Centerpieces - Well Kohls has been extremely instrumental in this theme because from time to time they have stuffed animals and books for $5 http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/landingpages/kohlscares/kidscausemerchandise/PRD~c22283/Kohls+Cares+Eric+Carle+The+Hungry+Caterpillar+Collection.jsp
And as luck would have it, they were doing an Eric Carle theme a few months back so we got the caterpillar stuffed toy and book (which will be used as the guest book).



Stay tuned for more ideas and pictures as the time draws near.

In Baby Arquilla news - we are T - 64 days and counting until the little bundle joins our happy family. Feel free to visit our website!http://kristincharliebaby.ourbabychannel.com/view/7482118977182775/4886645

No comments:

Post a Comment