Monday, June 27, 2011

The Scratch Offs

I finally have pictures of some of the things that I am creating for the baby shower and wanted to post them. So here are the scratch-offs. (I referred to these in a previous post). First make two designs - one for the winner and one for the non-winner. Since our theme is the Hungry Caterpillar, I used the caterpillar as the winner for the scratch-offs. Then go to a craft store and find clear contact paper - I think I found 6 sheets for $6 and I didn't use all of it for this project. I used a scrapbooking circle punch and punched out enough circles for each of the "tickets." They become clear stickers that you place over the part to be scratched off.
Then take craft paint and mix it with dish soap. Typically 2 parts paint to 1 part soap and paint over the part that is covered by the contact paper. Let dry and ta-da! You have some fun scratch-offs.
Here is an example - they actually scratch off pretty easily. It's a fun and in-expensive little game to play.

And speaking of games to play, here is a picture of the Game Program that I made for the shower too. I was able to print them in color for pretty cheap at bestvaluecopy.com - they are awesome and I highly recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment