Thursday, June 9, 2011

Oh to blog or not to blog?

Well it seems that most of my friends with kids have blogs to keep their family and friends in touch. I love reading them even if the person who writes the blog sits across my office from me. Really though, it's quite entertaining and I know that it helps when there are family members across the country or even across the world.

So then I asked myself, should I start a blog? With a new baby on the way, yep, 10 weeks to be exact; it may not hurt to have a place to record all of the crazy things that go on and the crazy things that this baby will bring to my family. I really only have 1 member of my family that lives far away and I don't think "Uncle Jack" will be reading the posts, but it's nice to have out there I guess. My out of town friends may visit the blog too.

But then, there is the fact that I am lazy and forgetful. I mean really lazy and forgetful. I was never one of those kids to keep and sustain a diary. I would start one (typically on January 1st) and write in it consistently for a good 3 weeks, then dunzo! I have actually started blogs before and have been unsuccessful with keeping them up. So I apologize in advance for stealing this url and wasting it because I know there are two wasted url's out there already- my bad.

However, seeing the blogs of my friends and seeing their cute family pictures and stories - well it makes me want to have that...how cool would it be to save these pieces and memories for when my little kiddo grows up? I know...it is cool!

So the point is, I am gonna do it this time - I am gonna be a blogger. Not a great blogger. Not a frequent blogger. But a blogger non-the-less. And perhaps people will want to read about the crazy ANTICS of the Arquilla family. Cause trust me - there are some and what better way to air my laundry then to post about them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment